Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pregnancy Blas Retracted

It's only been an hour or less since my last posting, and already I'm having a change of heart. I decided to do my hair and put on some make-up (yes even though it is after 8 pm and I'm not going anywhere...) And while I was getting ready I started thinking about how blessed I really am. Some women never ever get a chance to carry a child. Some because of infertility or health risks or other countless reasons.
And then I started thinking about all the other good things about my pregnancy...like the fact that I am healthy and so is baby. We've had no complications and everythings has gone well so far.
Also, some women have morning sickness their whole pregnancy, and mine own lasted a month or so.
And some women miscarry...even multiple times. I really shouldn't complain when I have so much to be grateful for. I may feel like a whale, but feeling like a whale is a lot better than not being able to have this wonderful little baby.
Some other good things about pregnancy include:
  • getting the expensive kinds of cereal I would never get otherwise (because it's fortified with iron and folic acid and all sorts of other good junk)
  • not having to have a boring job and being gone all day
  • getting to feel the baby move
  • shopping for baby clothes at yard sales
  • planning fun things to do with kids
  • getting extra foot and back rubs
  • healthy hair and skin
  • getting to stay in your pjs all day because nothing that fits is clean and you have to wait for the laundry to hang dry.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Jill, don't stress too much about the weight gain. Soon you will have that baby and then you will be surprised what it feels like to sit up and get out of bed (rather than roll out) and lots of other cool things too. Like polishing your toenails all by yourself! My favorite was when I had to run after Jeff for some reason and I went to grab my tummy (for support) and realized that I didn't have to anymore. Ah, it is true what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. :)

April said...

some good thoughts, Jill. I use the same ones to keep my attitude in check. A lot has to do with hormones--they really skew perspective. You're doing great.