Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Babysitting


Melody and Katie

A girl in my ward is taking classes this semester, and she needed someone to watch her baby while she took a final today. So Melody (the 6 month old baby) came over to play for a couple hours. Katie loved Melody, but Melody didn't love Katie. In fact Katie scared her. Katie wanted to be friends...she even tried to hold Melody's hand, but Melody didn't want to hold hands. Katie was content to sit and wave at her. Then Melody started crying. Now it was Katie's turn to be scared. both of them were scared by each other, but both wanted me to hold them, but not together. How do you solve that one?
Well, both were getting tired. I put baby 1 in crib and let her cry until I got baby 2 to sleep in living room on couch and barricaded with pillows lest she roll or crawl or move somehow. Then took baby 1 (she had only been left to cry for 10 minutes, don't worry, I don't let babies cry for too long...I'm too soft-hearted) and rocked her until she fell asleep.
I know, I am amazing...

5 comments:

Marcie said...

I love the video of her with the bear! That's hilarious about the babysitting, I love how friendly she is! Very nice baby skills!

Ann said...

I'm impressed. We miss Katie.

April said...

I guess my comment didn't work, because I still don't see it. Here's my second attempt. Those two babes are so cute together. Too bad Miss Melody was immune to Katie's charms. I'm still her biggest fan:) Impressive skills, Jill. Your description of your day was so funny. Good luck with the teething and Justin's wild school schedule.

Dustin and Cassie said...

so there is no number in the ward phone list for you guys so I have no other way of getting ahold of you but on here . So I hope you get this is time but there is no lunch today because I am sick and so is Kenzie. We will do it at my house next week though. Sorry about that!!!!

Harper said...

Katie is so cute! :)