Thursday, February 10, 2011

When Upon Life's Billows You Are Tempest Tossed

Good News: I got to do something I have never done before yesterday. I got to ride in a cop car.

Bad News: Someone broke into our car and ripped apart the front of the car trying to steal our cd player among other things. Luckily we don't keep too many valuables in the car. Our battery pack thing and the cd player were the only things of real worth taken...besides brand new jumbo package of paper towel rolls.

Good News: the police caught the guy who did it, and we got our stuff back minus the paper towels rolls. I am strongly considering to tell the police to go back to the guy's apartment and get my paper towels. 7$ is 7$.

Bad News: Our insurance won't cover the damage because our deductible is too high so we'll be paying a couple hundred dollars out to repair that which was broken. Hence the reason I want my paper towels back. If I'm going to pay 176$ just to fix the window, I want my $7 worth of paper towels back.

Good News: The church is still true.
Bad news: The thief doesn't know it.

3 comments:

The Brunson Family said...

Oh man! How come the thief does not have to pay the damages?

April said...

Oh my word, Jill. This brings back the memories of our black beast. It was one of those "adding insult to injury" moments. You better get those paper towels back:)

I really like how you ended the post.

Good luck with everything. Maybe you can get compensation from the thief.

The Brunson Family said...

PS:
Best News(should be): Treasures in heaven for donating paper towels to a crook.

Makes me want to get a bumper sticker that says "I have 3 kids and am broke, you will feel dumb breaking into my car, just to find crackers and an empty juice cup"

We miss you tonz!