Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Meet Katie

Katie: Mommy, I counted all Gracie's toes by myself
Me: Oh you did. How many does she have?
Katie: 39


Katie: What's your name?
Me: Jill
Katie: What's daddy's name?
Me: Justin
Katie: Those are old people names


Katie: I need some handsome
Justin: YOu need what?
Katie: some handsome
Justin: What's handsome?
Katie points.
Justin: OH you want a hand squirt (sanitzier)
Katie: Yeah, handsome--a squirt


Katie: Can I have some Jello?
Me: I don't have any Jello
Katie: We can make some
Me: I don't have the stuff to make it. I'm sorry
Katie: We can go to the store and buy it
Me: We don't have the car today. Daddy took it to school
Katie: We can take the bus


Katie: Mommy, what is that?
Me: Pears
Katie: Ooooo. I want two and three.
Me: Actually these are for Grace
Katie(Not missing a beat): Actually, there are for me, Mommy.
Me: No, these are for Grace, you already ate yours
Katie: Those are probably for me.
Me: No these are for Grace
Katie: I need those pears
Me: These pears are for Gracie
Katie: She doesn't like pears. I can have them. See?

3 comments:

marcie said...

Oh Audrey and Katie are sooo much alike! I read these to Brock and we were rolling. The pear one is my favorite. "I need those pears". I love toddlers!

April said...

This is the best, Jill. It's great that you're writing these down. Maryn's older but she had us all laughing last night. We were going around the dinner table discussing highlights of the day and bright spots of the day. At Maryn's turn, she said one of her happy moments was the "precious meal" we were eating.

Jill said...

love that april...yeah i decided it was time to start writing them down because i'll forget them if i don't