Friday, January 6, 2012

I Am A Wiper



i


I wipe noses
I wipe bums.
I wipe foreheads
I sometimes wipe up blood

I wipe up spills
and dribbles and smudges
I should wipe down the crayon
off the hallway wall

I wipe off sticky fingers
and dirty little faces
I wipe off mud
and dirt and sand

I wipe up messes, accidents,
and experiments
I wipe up mistakes
I wipe up "FUN"

I wipe away tears
I wipe away sadness,
discouragement, and fear
I wipe out loneliness
and wipe away doubts

I am a "wiper"
I am s mother.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Okay, so did you write this? I am impressed. I love your attitude. I wish mine was more like it.

The Brunson Family said...

AMEN!!!! Not to mention you probably do all of that with in the first few hours your kids are awake! You just reminded me that I have crayon to wipe of my walls, and toilet seat! haha, I know you are a great mom Jill!