Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It's been awhile

I am trying to treasure these few years I have when my children are young and underfoot. With Katie going off to kindergarten in the fall, I feel the need to enjoy them while they are young even more intensely. I am so grateful for these simple days of preparing snacks and loosely supervising unstructured playtime. My heart fills to the brim watching an elaborate game of pretend taking place in my living room or in the privacy of a bedroom closet. I get such pleasure out of watching little Amelia being ushered into the world of make believe and get such satisfaction out of seeing the three of them traipsing around with their very serious job of pretending. Oh how I wish these days could go on forever....

And yet life is never perfect. I lost my temper at bedtime to tonight and turned into monster mommy. Now all the wee ones are sleeping, and I'm wiping away tears of regret. Not much to do but ask for forgiveness, pick myself up, dust myself off, and start over tomorrow. Luckily I have the most forgiving little souls to wake up to. For that,  I am ever so grateful. 

No comments: