Monday, September 28, 2015

Elder Scott



Each time an apostle dies, I am a little sad because I will miss them. But when I found out Elder Scott had passed on, I felt sucker punched. I didn't realize he was even sick beforehand. That would have lessened the blow. 

I cried. And to be honest, I felt a little lost.  Elder Scott has always spoken to me. I've always perked up when he took his place at the pulpit. Always paid a little more attention. 
And now he's gone. Who will be there to speak to me the way he does when I really need it? That's what I asked myself in somewhat disbelief that he was gone. And I couldn't help but feel a little abandoned. Who will be there to guide me the way Elder Scott did? 
I did what I always do when I am upset. I texted Justin and my mom. Justin of course took the eternal perspective on things saying he was happy Elder Scott finally got to reunited with his wife. I didn't want to happy for him. I just wanted him back. 
So many times Elder Scott answered my prayers. He's changed my life more than once. The influence he's had on the decisions I make and the way I make decisions has been huge! 

I suppose I will be able to go on living. My consolation is that I still have all his words to go back and reread. His previous counsel is not gone; I will always have it to read and reread.  And in my heart of hearts, I am happy for him that he is with his beloved wife again. 

But oh, Elder Scott, how I will miss you. 

No comments: