Friday, February 12, 2016

On mothering

I think the greatest privilege I have is being a wife and a mother. 

There are so many things I enjoy about being a mother. The way it makes me stretch, the aha moments, the contentment, the peace, the hardness of it, and the pure, raw joy. 

The following is a list of my favorite parts of being a mom:
1. Witnesses from start to finish the real growth that happens sometimes imperceptibly and sometimes in bounds. 

2. Holding a 2 year old's hand while going for walk.

3. Snuggling a newborn

4. Captivating my children with a song or story for the first time

5. Soothing a very sad child and making it all better just by listening and holding.

6. Seeing their faith in God grow

7. Watching them finally take off with reading!

8. Hearing them pray with real intent

9. Being Brave and showing kindness

10. Watching them stand up for what is right even if and when their friends choose otherwise.

11. The artwork. Oh how I love children's artwork.

12. The pure and untainted love.

13. Baking for them and with them

14. Sewing them clothes whether it's a costume or an outfit for school or mending a torn shirt, I love sewing for my family. 

15. Making my home a peaceful place for them to be. I used to dread housework, but now I quite look forward to it because I love making a tidy home for kids to be happy in. I am still not very good at keeping things tidy, but I try.

16. Reading to them. I love sharing a book with them

17.sining them lullabies

18. Watching them serve each other

19. Overhearing a three year old wrapped in a world of imagination

20. Teaching them the gospel

No comments: