Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hail the Conquering Graduate



Graduation was this weekend, and it was such a wonderful time. Graduation time is bittersweet, I think, because never taking a test again is so great, but leaving behind classes and learning so much everyday is sad. I've had such a wonderful time at BYU-Idaho, and I've grown so much here. I've had wonderful teachers, roommates, friends, and classmates. So many people here have taught me lessons I will never forget, and I am so grateful for those experiences.
I've been thinking a lot about what I've learned in the last four years, and after all this thinking I believe these are the most important insights I've gained:
1. Learn to ask the right questions in life
2. Keep your personal standards high, and never settle for less than the best you can do.
3. People are more important than things
4. It's service that counts
5. Leadership is really serving those around you
6. Never shy away from a chance to stretch, grow and change
7. The Lord knows His sheep, and He knows what they need
8. Hard does not mean bad
9. It's not about you so get over yourself
10. The greatest happiness in life comes from family






No comments: