Friday, April 3, 2009

The Rest of the Story

So awhile ago I wrote about Katie's sleeping problems, and several of you gave me some good advice. Well, we put together our own kind of naptime/bedtime routine, and things are going much smoother around here. Katie is back to sleeping through the night or at least only getting up once for a little snack. Much better than the every 1 1/2 thing she was doing several weeks ago. I've never been a real stickler for routines or schedules, but I needed sleep, and really grateful to be getting more of it. Life is much more pleasant when I'm somewhat rested.

Katie is my little miracle. I love watching her grow and learn. To see this little squishy blob that could only open her eyes long enough to eat before falling back to sleep turn into a little person that eats from a spoon and sits up on her own is amazing. Being a mom is such a gift.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm glad Katie is sleeping better. I'm still waiting for a little shut eye of my own. Someday. Enjoy all those little moments.

April said...

I just know you're a great mom, Jill. I can't wait to meet Miss Katie in just a couple of months.