Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why is Everybody Looking at Me?

So I've had several why is everybody looking at me moments in the last month or two. So I thought I might share a couple.

1. I went to a store the other day with Katie, and while I was trying to put her in the shopping cart, I put her pacifier in my mouth so it wouldn't fall on the floor. well, I forgot that it was in my mouth and walked around the store for who knows how long with it in my mouth. I couldn't figure out why everyone was staring at me. I thought that they just might think Katie was super cute and they were really staring at her. But then an older lady came up to me, and asked Katie "Did your mom steal your binky?" I instantly turned bright red. No wonder I was getting weird looks from all the shoppers. What crazy lady walks all over a store with her daughter's pacifier in her mouth?

2. Our dumpster is ridiculously far away from our apartment so when we have trash we just set it next to the door until we drive somewhere. then we put the trash on top of the car and drive to the dumpster, throw it in, and go on our way. Well, one particular morning, I was going to drop Justin off at class and we needed to take out the garbage so up it goes on top of the car. WE go on our merry way and forget that we have trash to dispose of at the dumpster. We drive all the way up and around campus at the busiest time of day, and pull into the parking lot. Justin gets out and sees the trash bags sitting on top of the car. Both of us are too embarrassed to think clearly, and so neither of us just simply puts the trash in the car in the back...no, I leave Justin and drive with a red face to the nearest dumpster I see and deposit my trash.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, i love it!

April said...

I was laughing so hard about your trash, I was crying. Way too funny, Jill. You've definitely had me laughing with your posts lately.

Scott said...

Jilly, you crack me up! These are crazy things I could see myself doing. It makes me happy to know I'm not the only one who has "special" moments like this.

Veronica said...

that is too funny! You guys are great! Thanks for sharing!

Marc & Abbey said...

Wow! that totally sounds like something I would do. I LOVE it! Aren't "Why is everyone staring at me" moments fun!

Haylee Mecham said...

That's so funny! come check out our blog! jcandhayleemecham.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Great. It's nice to know I'm not the only one that does stuff like that. I can just picture you driving around with the trash on your car. Thanks for the laughs.

Emily Rocks said...

oh my goodness that is so funny! i love it!!!!