Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday Girl

Yay for Katie turning one. I'm happy that she made it this far. She loved her cake and playing with her friends at her little party. We took her to the park as well since it was nice enough to go, and she loves going down slides. We sure love this little girl and are so happy she is part of our lives.
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and presents.

I tried to post a slideshow of pictures, but it didn't workout quite like I wanted it to, but I'm too tired to figure it out.

Katie's recent accomplishments:
  • Can climb up on the couch
  • says many words
  • folds her arms for prayer
  • hand actions to 2 new songs
  • tons of signs for words
  • working on sharing
  • animal sounds
  • rocks her baby and teddy bear
Things we are working on:
Still not completely weaned, but getting there. She HATES her crib these days. I'm thinking of switching her to a toddler bed already. She doesn't fall asleep on her own anyway, and I'm pretty sure she'd stay in a bed better than she does in her crib, and I'm getting tired of pulling her into bed with us. Any ideas?

Also, she still needs her pacifier to sleep at night. The only times she ever takes it is when she is tired. How do I get rid of it and when to do it?

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Jill-
I DEFINATELY reccommend the move to a toddler bed! We just got Audrey a twin size bed with a side rail because she also hated her crib....like with a passion. And one day she jumped out of it. So now I can just lay by her and read books until she falls asleap and then sneak out, it is SOO much better!! Kudos on the weaning, I am jealous! Happy late Bday to Katie also! It looked like so much fun!

Ben and Linda Lee said...

What fun pictures. Your party was the coolest. Katie is so smart. I should try the toddler bed too! I have no idea how to wean her from her pacifier. We will have to collaborate on how to do it.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering the same things! the last few days Merla has been napping in Shazer's bed to see how it goes, but I'm not sure about night time yet cuz she still wakes up sometimes. but I figure I might as well get her used to a toddler bed now before my belly is so huge I can't reach her in the crib! also, same thing with the paci. she pretty much just takes it when she's tired and in bed. Shazer quit it on his own like 7-8 months, so I have no idea. do I let her keep it for sleeping? how long? or should I just take it away before the new baby comes?? if you come up with any answers, let me know!!