Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Little Social Butterfly

I didn't think I would have to worry about Katie always wanting to be with friends until she was older, but alas, the fun has already started. On Wednesday morning she sat right in front of the door saying over and over again the name of the little girl I babysit (Piper) until she grew so despondent we had to go for a walk to recover her spirits.
We head out the door, and I was going to let her take the lead and I would follow her wherever she wanted to go. She grabbed my hand and headed across the parking lot. She led me across the parking lot, down two buildings, up the flight of stairs, and right to the door of her friend Lydia. She went right up and knocked on the door and yelled " 'ydia!." I didn't say Lydia once or even attempt to lead her at all. She took us over to Lydia's all by herself and by her own decision. I was so surprised that my little baby just barely one already knows the way to her friend's house and wants to go there without any prompting from me. The top picture is Lydia and Katie at the park, and the one on the bottom is Lydia and Piper at Katie's party.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Wow, that is one smart girl! :)

Veronica said...

She sure is a smart little one, that is amazing!

April said...

The question is, was Lydia home, or was the social butterfly denied her moment of social opportunity? I can't believe how big she's gotten!