Sunday, March 28, 2010

the engagement ring

Due to the requests for the story of my engagement ring, I have decided to finally post the horrible truth. My engagement ring got eaten by the garbage disposal. I'm not entirely sure how it ended up in there, but I feel absolutely awful for not being more careful with it. I of course shed many tears over the incident, but I have my band still, and the fact that my engagement ring is gone doesn't change the fact Justin and I are married and so very happy together. So I guess all is not lost.

3 comments:

Ann said...

How awful. I mourn your loss. But you are right about it not changing your love. I'm glad you still have your band.

Veronica said...

I am glad you still have your wedding band, and you still love each other... but it still is sad that you lost your engagment ring!

April said...

Oh, Jill--------I'm so sad to hear about your ring----you have a good attitude, though. There are a few lost things I still shed tears over when I think about them. At least you still have the man:) as you say--many people today can't console themselves with that.