Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter


This year we did things a little differently and decided to do Spring Day on Saturday (Despite the blizzard) which included our baskets, eggs, and candy, and Easter Sunday has been spent watching conference, watching an Easter video, eating a yummy dinner, and opening eggs filled with pictures of the Savior and other related images and telling Katelyn about them. This has been a nice change for us, and I think we'll repeat the experience next year since Easter this year has been much more meaningful and satisfying to the soul ; ).

Justin did such a fun thing for my basket this year. Instead of filling it with lots of candy, he got me a little candy and then a strawberry plant! So we're going to grow strawberries. Yay! I think we'll make getting plants/seeds in our Easter baskets a tradition. What a good way to start a garden.

Katelyn really enjoyed conference. She got lots of treats she doesn't normally get so that she would stay busy and quiet while Justin and I tried to get things out of conference. Surprisingly, she's a pretty good listener while playing and snacking. She would hear "Jesus Christ" and immediately her head would pop up and she would say amen regardless of if it was said in a prayer or not ...or everytime she heard the word heart, she would start making her heart sound of "thump thump" Also she kept asking a billion gazillon times "Prophet, where'd he go? Prophet where'd he go?" She always catches me off guard by how attentive she is. During scripture study the other night, she was playing on the floor while I was reading aloud to her and Justin. I didn't think she ever actually listened along, but I read a verse that said "eyes" in it and her head popped up and she pointed to her eyes. A couple verses later I read "heart" and she started making her heart noise. It just goes to show that you never know what impression you're making.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Adorable. That's all I have to say. You never can tell when they are listening. I try to remind myself of that when my boys aren't ever seeming to pay attention. Cute pictures. Is that a scrapbook page?

April said...

Hey, you--so I need to respond to all your e-mails. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. I like the strawberry plant idea. Katie always seems so much older every time you post.

Unknown said...

Those are some great traditions! Katie is getting so big and you guys are more than welcome to come and visit our little "petting zoo" :)

The Dennett's said...

That little girl of yours is adorable and very attentive :) And I like that you filled eggs with pictures of the Savior- what a great way to incorporate the true meaning of Easter!
We are also growing strawberries! How funny...haha but they keep dying and then coming back to life its kinda strange...I guess we'll see how they do...