Thursday, June 24, 2010

Montana Trip


Places We Went
1. Cabin just north of West Yellowstone (yes that is snow on the ground)
2. Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman
3. Wheat Montana in Three Forks, MT
4. a peek at the Jefferson River near Caldwell MT
5. Granny's house in Butte


Things we saw
1. lots of elk
2. one moose
3. lots of deer and antelope
4. dinosaur skeletons and Da Vinci inventions
5. beautiful scenery
6. a really small post office


Things we did
1. stayed in a rustic cabin
2. cooked bacon and pancakes in a sauce pan with no cooking spray
3. listened to a mouse run around the cabin while we tried to sleep
4. enjoyed a gorgeous drive
5. played at the museum
6. ate a yummy cinnamon roll at Wheat Montana
7. went to a wedding
8. ate KOA chicken and jo-jo's
9. got sick and puked at a gas station in Dillion (only I did that, not Justin or Katie)


Katie loved the cabin. She kept saying "this is great!" She was absolutely delighted with the old cook stove. I think she thought it was a play stove.
She keeps telling me about moose and deer so I think she liked that part too.
Her favorite part of the museum was the dinosaur eggs and the tank designed by Leonardo Da Vinci.
Katie got lots of time with Granny which she loved. She keeps asking to go back to Granny's house.
Granny cured her of her fear of swings and she will now go on them at the park...for a limited amount of time.
She could not get enough of Chubs the dog. She tried to feed him everything in sight even a rubber band. We'll never have a dog.
I got to see a friend get married. It was so great to see her so happy and so beautiful. I think Jessie is the friend I have known the longest. We met in kindergarten.
It was such a fun trip and I'm so glad we got to go. I want to road trip again soon.

3 comments:

Elise said...

I'm so jealous you got to puke in the gas station! Every time I have puked on a road trip it has been in the car... unless you count my honeymoon, when Ted had a chance to pull over to the curb. Good man.

Ann said...

What a fun trip. I am jealous that you got to go to MT and see Mom and have KOA chicken and jo jo's. Katie is adorable. I'm glad Katie had such fun. Trips are more fun when you get to share them with your kids.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a really fun trip! Katie is absolutely adorable and getting so big!