Thursday, June 3, 2010

Old Mac Donald's Farm

What we have been doing:

1. We went to a dairy farm. Reed's Dairy in Idaho Falls. You can walk in where the calves are and pet them. They have sheep, chickens, and goats, too. You can also watch the machines milk the cows... and they have a little restaurant with foods made from their dairy products. We got ice cream cones! Yum


2. Katie and I made wheat rolls and turtle bread. My mom used to make me a little loaf of bread in the shape of a turtle when I was a little girl. Katelyn loves turtles so I decided it was time I made her a turtle bread loaf. I let Katelyn play with a little bit of the dough while I was baking, and I turned around to find a piece in her hair. I think she was pretending it was a hair clip.
3. Went for a walk in the rain...we had no other choice since the library has been closed for a few weeks and the sun won't shine, we decided to go out anyway. When we got too cold, we came in and ate warm bread from Great Harvest.

4. Katie and I took a quick trip to MT for a funeral. We will miss our Aunt Cindy, but we're grateful she doesn't have to suffer anymore.

5. Justin took Katie and I on a day trip to Fox Creek near the Tetons. It was such a beautiful little place to play, and a beautiful drive. I forgot to take pictures.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I remember turtle bread. What a cute idea. My boys would love it especially with our recent love of Pokey. I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves.