Saturday, February 18, 2012

Conversations








I was chasing Katie all over the house pretending to be a monster, then suddenly she whips around
Katie: You ARE NOT a monster!
Jill: Yes I am and I am going to eat you!
Katie: Jesus made your special body and your eyes and your ears and your lips and He made you a mommy and NOT a monster!
Jill: oh. I guess that's the end of that game.
Katie: Come on mommy, Let's go play in my room.


Katie: Mommy, I am Rapunzel and this is my tower (at the top of our stairs). Wait until the witch leaves, then come visit me.
(I go around the corner where she can't see me)
Katie: the witch is gone!
(I reappear)
Jill: Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair.
Katie: (big, dreamy smile) You got it, dude!

Katie was pretending Justin was her prince and she was going to marry him. I came through the room and in passing kissed him.
Katie: NOOOOO!!!! He's MINE!!!! (swatting at me viciously)

Katie had a little friend over to play the other day.
Lydia: Katie, let's get married.
Katie: I can't marry you. You're a girl.
Lydia: Yes you can.
Katie: No, only boys and girls get married because if girls and girls get married then you don't have mommies and daddies.

3 comments:

Ann said...

What cute girls. I can't believe how big Grace is. Not a baby anymore. I love those conversations. Those little conversations really are treasures, aren't they?

marcie said...

I love reading your blog, it's so uplifting! Just like you! What is that saying? Out of the mouths of babes? Mommies and daddies ARE important!
Hope you're doing well, did Justin finish his schooling? I'm not kidding I want to celebrate or watch your kids so you guys can celebrate a much deserved party! Let me know if he's done and wants to drop his resume to my Dad, I don't know if the construction health and safety aspect is something he's be interested in but it's an option. :)

The Brunson Family said...

Stealing some of your ideas, hope you don't mind! Oh my goodness.....Tell Katie to stop growing!!! It is so hard to know that I knew her when she was a baby, and now when I look at her she looks soooo grown up! Maybe the hard part is that it makes me feel soooooo old!!! Miss you guys!