Friday, April 27, 2012

A little on the Cranky Side

You know those days where you are awake but you wish you were still sleeping...I am having one of those days. One where the kids do everything opposite of what you say, the little one is screaming all day long, and you just want to be on a date with your husband instead of telling kids to stop fighting.

I try really hard to keep a prayer in my heart, but it doesn't last long before I am chasing down the kid with the open tube of toothpaste or breaking up WW3 between the kiddos, and that little prayer in my heart went right out the window. I try to regroup, and say let's start over. But in the next ten minutes we're back in the rut of screaming and time-outs and "please can this day just be over yet?"

Sometimes no matter what you try, it just doesn't work. There are days you just have to plow right through, and start over again tomorrow. I guess that's what we'll try today...

Oh give me patience when wee hands
Tug at me with their small demands.

And give me gentle and smiling eyes.
Keep my lips from hasty replies.
 
And let not weariness, confusion or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.

So when, in years to come my house is still
No bitter memories its rooms may fill.


I don't know who wrote this, but if anyone knows the author, please tell me. Definitely words I need to commit to heart.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! What a great poem. Thanks for sharing!

Emily Rocks said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a challenging day! You are an amazing mom raising adorable amazing girls that really really love you...even if it doesnt feel like that even a little bit during the day! :D So so excited for your cute little fam and the fun adventures you're about to have...i sure hope today was better than yesterday! love you!

Ann said...

I know those days too well. Thank you for the poem. I try to remember that sentiment when life is too much. I hope you survived the day and this day is better. Any word? When does Justin go to Medford?

Scott said...

I think these same thoughts almost daily. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. :)

Jill said...

thanks or the nice comments. we have been doing much better since then. You know we all get to those days and think why are we doing this? but it passes, and the good days keep us going.