Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Good Day

There are many days I feel like I'm in survival mode, just trying to keep mouths fed, diapers changed, and get  a little gospel in there somewhere. And most days are crazy with a mix of ups and downs. Today was one of those golden days where my heart was filled with joy to be a mother, and not only could I roll with the ups and downs, but I enjoyed the ride, too. I have to savor these kind of days because sadly, all too often, I let the downs skew my perspective. Here's what made today great:

A Recipe for a Good Day
6 hours of uninterrupted sleep for mom
3 well rested kiddos
1 little girl making breakfast for us all
1 extremely smiley baby
1 toddler who is just happy to be here
1 sunny morning

While I was changing Amelia, Katie came into my room wondering if there was anything I would like for breakfast that she could make without burning herself...and without waiting for a reply, she answered herself and left the room. When I came into the kitchen she was busy buttering toast and bagels and pouring grape juice. She is just too precious.



Katie discovered the white bagels in the cupboard. Justin got those to make bagel pizzas. We hardly ever have white bread or white anything for that matter much to Katie's dismay. She begs for "white soft bread" all the time.

My toast-complete with a good thick layer of butter...at least in some areas. hopefully my arteries recover from that.

Gracie is just happy that someone got around to making something for breakfast.
my extremely smiley baby



4 comments:

The Dennett's said...

wow! that breakfast looks...er...scrumptious. hehe. your girls are all so sweet :]

Ben and Linda Lee said...

Love it:) What a good helper and a great smiley baby.

The Brunson Family said...

Hey everything tastes better with butter...right!? Can't say it enough....WE MISS YOU GUYS!

April said...

I'm on your blog..it's a miracle:) This was such a cute, and all-too-accurate post. I have to remind myself that Katie is only four:) I guess I have to remind myself Joshua is only four too, but his four takes the shape of being up before dawn devising tomato harvesters and determining if his imaginary saw mill has all the necessary equipment to run efficiently. Of course, the next day he's up to something completely unrelated. I asked him this morning if he was going to grow up to be an engineer or architect, and he said no, he intended to be a train conductor, a freight train conductor who operates up in the mountains. Okay, then:)