Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine

The Best Way to Walk through Life is Holding Hands


at Marcie's wedding


our 2nd Date (rice crispy sculpture)



day I received my endowments



I don't know if he will ever forgive me for that.


the night he proposed


trip to meet his family 


Justin is gone this week for work. Man oh man, do I miss him. Things have gone smoothly, but I miss him lots and lots. We get to talk on the phone, but it's not like seeing him or hearing his footsteps, or smelling him, or snuggling up to him. 

I was reading in my journal from the first few weeks we were married, and I was laughing about it...Oh man, I talked about how much I loved him, and wanted to serve him, etc. And looking back now it's like skimming the surface. And those of you who read my blog who have been married much longer must be laughing at me  thinking the same thing. There is so much more depth there. I just LOVE this man. 

A few years ago I read Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. And he describes how one of the main characters feels about his wife. He says that it was horrible arguing with each other because it felt like he was arguing with himself. He didn't know where he ended and she began because they had become one. I loved that, and think of that often. Justin and I rarely have disagreements, but when we do, it's torture, because we are usually one. 

Justin and I didn't date long before we got engaged, but I knew he was a good man, and I could be who I wanted to be when I was around him, and that's why I married him. I knew I was getting a good catch then, but as time goes by, I realize more and more just how special my catch is. 




1 comment:

marcie said...

I just love you guys! Amazing couple!