Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Grateful to be Me.

I have a pretty wonderful life. A good, kind husband. Children that make me smile and are oh so lovable. A comfortable home. And a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my life. I wouldn't trade anyone for any part of my life. I have been so richly blessed with the good things in life. And today, especially I am grateful for those things.

I was awake all night long. Let me repeat. ALL>NIGHT>LONG. I had two children in my bed. The 3 year old kept having dreams about fighting with the 5 year old, and would randomly scream out and start thrashing around...which would wake the baby and she would start crying. This went on all night. And to top it all off, I have a lovely case of mastitis, which peaked around 3 am. Fever, chills, aches and pains like you cannot believe. Worst night ever. I didn't fall asleep until after 5 am. It was horrible. 

I texted Justin at 5 am, 8 am his time in Pittsburg and told him to pray for me. Then I texted my mom and told her to move to Oregon so I will have someone to take care of me. Then I finally fell asleep. 

All three girls woke up sometime before 7. I told Katie I was horribly sick, and she would have to make a bed for me on the couch. my girls felt bad for me, and quietly played while I slept on the couch for a little while. Then I got up and tried to make breakfast. Last night after dinner, I mixed up the dry ingredients for whole wheat pancakes so it would be one less thing in the morning to do. This was before my illness set in, and I think it was providence, because had I not done that, my kids would have had to have wheat thins for breakfast, and there weren't very many of those anyway.  

I burned several pancakes as I had to leave them on the griddle while I ran to the bathroom to throw up and cry. Then I finished off the rest of the batter, poured some syrup on them, and let the girls have at it, while I crashed on the couch again. I am not sure how long I slept, but I know it wasn't long enough. 

I was really, really grateful we had leftover spaghetti from yesterday in the fridge, and canned soup that I could manage to heat up for lunch and dinner. Bless canned soup! 

With the help of some heavy dosages of Ibuprofen and rice bags, and lots of water and nursing...I started to feel human again. 

What a day. 

It was one of those days, that makes you so grateful for what you take for granted. So grateful for good kids, supportive husband, and lots of temporal blessings. I am so blessed.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jill...I have had mastitis several times and it is the WORST. I know how you must be feeling...please don't hesitate to let me know how I can help! Seriously, if you need me to come over with my kids and have them all play together so you can sleep- I WILL DO IT :) you have my number!

marcie said...

Only you could make a post about an experience like that into a sincere testimony of gratitude. I just love you so much. I am still constantly learning from you. Glad you had tender mercies to keep you afloat (even if barely!) and wish I was closer to help out. Mastitis truly is the worst. I was pretty sure I was dying the first time I had it. Thanks goodness for antibiotics! Take it easy girl! I hope Justin comes home soon!

Ann said...

I wish I was there to take care of you. I've got to do something about this cross continental thing. I hope you are feeling better. When does Justin come home? Hang in there. Love you.