Sunday, November 16, 2014

6 is cool

Minion Party with Friends

Minion Cake designed and decorated by herself and with the help of sisters

Big hugs for picking out the best present ever: Hello Kitty Clock

...and just because I love this picture...

Reading. Reading.Reading.
Riding Bikes
Climbing Trees
Loving on Henry
Playing with Friends
Drawing.Drawing.Drawing.
Hello Kitty. Minions. Martha Speaks. Word Girl. 
Mystery Solver. Play House. Yoga. 
Still in love with Pink
Truffles.

Something I adore about Katie that has really surfaced in the last year is her desire to be unique. While the rest of world of girls 2-10 are obsessing over Frozen, Katie is so sick and tired of it. Haha. She likes to be different, and she likes what she likes even if no one else likes it. I love that she was Word Girl for Halloween even though a lot of people didn't even know who Word Girl is. And I love that she wants to keep bangs simply because she likes them (even though, I am not a personal fan of the high maintenance of bangs...). When she realized that she was one of the only girls in her class with bangs, and one of her best friends teased her about her bangs (grrrrr), she contemplated growing them out. But after a little encouragement to be who she is and be happy with it, she has never looked back. She loves her bangs and fully enjoys styling them each day. 
I sure do love this Katie girl. She has grown up so much in the last year. Getting so mature. It makes me rejoice that we have conquered certain aspects of development, but it breaks my heart a little to see her so grown up. OH the bitter and the sweet of growing children. 

1 comment:

April said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Katie! Awesome minions and cake:) have you seen the trailer to the minion movie next summer? I'd book my tickets now if I could:) you can see it online.