Monday, November 17, 2014

Halloween 2014

Little Red Riding Hood. Word Girl. Peacock

I was so happy she decided to be Little Red Riding Hood after all...she changed her mind probably five times, but this idea won out for the church party. And I have to say, I am pretty proud that I made that costume for less than $3. The material for the skirt, the basket, shoes, and shirt we had on hand. The red material  for the cloak and vest, I picked up for $1 at a yard sale, and the ribbon was less than $2. Woot. woot.

Amelia's costume was also put together mostly from things I had on hand.i did have to pick up some felt and a little tulle. Grace and Amelia have really been into peacocks lately, and Amelia really enjoyed dressing u as one.

Word Girl. Katie has been planning on being Word Girl since November 1st of last year. I was happy that it was a simple costume to put together.



Grace wanted to be her second choice for trick or treating: Super Grace. I made her a super hero cape awhile ago because she kept tying blankets around her neck and pretending to be super grace. 


The back of Mia's costume...upside down. 
The girls helped me cut out a witch, bats, and a cauldron to put in the window for Halloween.  It looked awesome from outside the house at night. I was really pleased with how it turned out. I loved the bats Katie and grace made. Bats drawn and cut out by a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old are just about the cutest thing. 

2 comments:

April said...

Awesome costumes and awesome creativity:) I was always hoping one of my girls would want to be little red riding hood.

Ann said...

So cute. Love the costumes. My boys love Word Girl. And originality is the best. Go Katie!