Saturday, October 3, 2015

renewed

I have been in a rut...only a a certain area of my life. I haven't been taking care of my body the last month. Too many indulgences and not enough exercise. You see, I've been burnt out. 

I did my 100 miles of Summer, and while it always made me feel good to get those miles in, I lost enthusiasm. My heart just wasn't in it.

I intended to do Fifty Miles of Fall, but I just can't.

After thinking out loud a little last night, I nailed down one thing. I want to be outside. I want to do what it takes to get my miles done outside. And I need a new goal. A 5k. That's one of my resolutions I set way back when in January, and time is running down for that goal. So being the goal achieving junkie that I am, I have set my eyes on a 5k, and worked out a schedule with Justin to be home with the kids so I can train.

And I am starting to get excited. I feel my interest in being fit coming back on. I even went for a run this morning. So here's to my next adventure! 



1 comment:

Sadie said...

Yaya!!!! I totally feel the same way. I LOVE to be outside when I exercise. It brings me so much more joy than doing something inside. And as a result, I'm not planning on getting a gym membership up here like I usually do. First, it's ridiculously expensive, and second, I want to get me exercise outdoors. Just a few more months till I'll get on that. :) Good luck on your 5K. Do you have a running buddy? So therapeutic for me to talk and run... but that's me. Scott is the type that loves to be alone and run. To each his/her own. :)