Friday, May 16, 2008

Picnic

So yesterday I kidnapped Justin after his chem lab and took him on a picnic. We played frisbee and Justin barbecued some meatballs and chicken and hot dogs. And we went for a little walk around the duck ponds. How romantic...Oh and to top off our romantic evening, we were surprised by fireworks. We couldn't figure out why they were lighting them off, but then my friend told me later that it was because the new half of the hospital had it's grand opening. Random to have a huge firework display just for the opening of the hospital, but we enjoyed the show.
Our picnic excursion was really good for me because besides going to the library the day before, I hadn't been out of the house for two straight days, and I was going crazy. I almost wrapped a stuffed animal up in a blanket and put it in the stroller we just bought and took it for a walk. But then my honey decided to come for lunch so I was saved from my last resort.
I've also been doing some family indexing to fill up my time. It's pretty fun and easy, and I feel like I'm contributing to other people's genealogy when I do it, so that's my new hobby. If any of you want to sign up to do it, you should it's super easy and you can do it whenever and for however long you want.

3 comments:

April said...

We just picnicked for Memorial Day--Joshua's first official outing other than doctor appointments or dropping off siblings at activities. Unfortunately, we didn't have the benefit of any fireworks. Lucky you!

Emily Rocks said...

That is so cute! You guys do the best stuff together! :) I love that about BYU-I...taking any opportunity to set off fireworks! Hey is it true that the Chemestry teachers at the school make the fireworks? that was the rumor when i was there....Justin....if it is true you should totally find out if you can get into a class to do it too! that is so up your alley!! I miss you guys! :) love ya

Haleigh P. said...

Lucky! All we did was picnic!