Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My First Apple Pie



I feel like I have now truly become domesticated. I made my first apple pie last night. It turned out well although there's a few things I'll do differently next time, but for my first attempt I am quite proud of myself. I even made the top pie crust the lattice top way, and I was pleased with how it looked.
Next month I am going to attempt a real pumpkin pie using the filling from the jack-o-lantern we will carve. We'll see how that goes. I know Ann has done it before, so I'll have to get in touch with her and get some tips.
To continue my domesticated skills, today I am going to cut out the fabric for my throw pillows that will go in the baby's room on the futon and the rocking chair.

3 comments:

April said...

Excellent, Jill! I'm so proud of you. There's nothing like homemade apple pie. What kind of apples did you use? My favorite for pies are "pink ladies," although there are lots of wonderful baking apple choices. I'm sure Justin enjoyed the "fruits" of your labors:)

Scott said...

Jill, here's my contact info.

sadie_goddard@yahoo.com
801-910-8713

Ann said...

Wow! I'm amazed at your skills. You simply are amazing. You'll have to teach me some of your skills sometime.