Sunday, September 28, 2008

Grand Tetons

We decided that we needed one last vacation/outing before the good weather ends so yesterday we headed to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone. We had limited time to see everything as we got a late start and had to be back in time for me to see the Relief Society Broadcast, but we saw so many beautiful sights and lots of wildlife that it was worth it.
The leaves have already changed colors up in the mountains, and the brilliant oranges, yellows, and reds made the blue mountains even more beautiful. It was the perfect day for the trip and we recommend this time of year for anyone to go see the Tetons. Below are lots of pictures but they are pretty low quality since all we have is Justin's phone for a camera right now. To say they don't do the scenery justice is an understatement.
Like I said we saw lots of wildlife. This included:
  • 2 Moose (a mama and a baby in GTNP)
  • 14+ antelope (near island park)
  • 16 elk (cows and their babies and one bull)
  • 12 buffalo (yellowstone)
  • a couple red tailed hawks
  • and the biggest ravens you've ever seen


Grand Tetons

Moose and her calf


Grand Tetons

Jackson Lake

Moose Falls

Moose Falls


3 comments:

April said...

Aren't the Tetons amazing?! They were still covered in snow in June when we saw them. I'm glad you were able to take a such a beautiful little trip.

Veronica said...

hey I saw Justin today!!! We need to get together! when is a good time? I told justin we are Sunday dinner/games kinda people! If that works then let me know! And We are free pretty much any sunday except for this sunday and the next sunday(the 12th). Take care and before you know it... your baby girl will be here!!!!!

Kristi said...

I just got the internet at my house and I love you somethining feirce and was so so so excited to get your comment. Can I add a link to your blog on my blog. I can't wait to talk to you!