Monday, September 1, 2008

Warm River





This last weekend Justin and I went camping at a place called Warm River. It was beautiful. The river was crystal clear, and cold (we know because we tried to swim in it). We had so much fun playing in the water, and Justin caught a brown trout. We also found the whole skeleton of a moose in the river. Who knows how it came to die there. It was kind of like finding a dinosaur. We took pictures of it, but the pictures aren't that great since we took them on Justin's phone.

Right on the river there is a forest service cabin. This is the picture of it. To the right of the cabin is a waterfall of the Warm Springs. It's such a beautiful place. There were moose, deer, and elk tracks all over the place. Justin and I think that some day we should all rent the cabin and stay there for a couple of days. There's bunk beds in the cabin, and outside there is plenty of room for tents.


3 comments:

April said...

fun weekend! That cabin looks great. Sign me up!

Scott said...

How beautiful! I love camping. Scott and I were scared to death to take Jeff camping when he was little, but we have learned that it is much easier than we thought it would be. I'm so excited for your new addition to arrive! Good luck!

Elise said...

That is so fun! I had so much fun checking your blog and seeing my childhood! Growing up, I went to Warm River at least once a summer! It is a place that has lots of charm, doesn't it? Love it. Love you! I'm so glad you were feeling well enough to go!