Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday


The most exciting thign to be thankful for today is that I fit into one of my prepregnancy shirts (it's one of my bigger shirts, but hey, it's a start). I still haven't lost enough pounds to be back at my original weight, but I'm slowly making progress. Walking is my exercise of choice, but that is a little difficult this time of year with the snow and having a little baby with me 24-7. In addition to not being able to walk, I've had to wait for the go-ahead from the doctor to exercise and also come up with a new exercise plan. So today was my first official workout. I found a bounce back after baby work out video at DI sometime ago, and I tried it out today. It's only twenty minutes long and includes stretches so I think I can stick with it. It felt good to work out.





Other things I am thnakful for:



  • Christmas treats

  • Justin doesn't have homework

  • beautiful snow

  • safety (no car accidents so far despite snowy roads)

  • my family

  • my health

2 comments:

Scott said...

This is a comment for ideas for your anniversary. If you are up to it, and you think Katie is ready to be with someone else for a little bit, I think cross country skiing to see Mesa Falls is lots of fun. There is a lodge there that you can go in and get warm by the fire. The falls are really pretty... and best of all its romantic. :) Not to mention pretty cheap too. I think you can rent equipment from the outdoor recreation center for pretty cheap. Pack a lunch and you're set. If that won't work... then I think anything you can do with just the two of you. I remember the first time Scott and I left Jeff after he was born. We went to the grocery store AND LOVED IT! :) I was worried the whole time that Jeff would be okay and that my dad would survive being alone with him, so we weren't out too long (ie 30 minutes) but it was good. I think its a great habit to get into. That is, having just you and Justin time. Even though I can see how sweet that little Katie is, it is such a breath of fresh air to just have your hubby all to yourself. Hope that helps. Have a wonderful anniversary. Congrats! I can't beleive it has already been a year. It seems like you just got married. Its wonderful, isn't it?

April said...

Good for you, JIll. I love walking too, but adjustments definitely have to be made in the winter chill with babies in tow.