Friday, May 8, 2009

Maine

My sister Ann and her family are moving to Maine this summer. When I found out they were moving to Maine, I realized that I didn't know much about Maine other than it's supposed to be beautiful, they have lots of lobster, and some of my favorite characters from the movie Gettysburg were from Maine.
So I did some research and here are some fun facts about Maine:
  1. Maine produces 99% of all the blueberries in the country making it the single largest producer of blueberries in the United States.
  2. 90% of the country's toothpick supply is produced in Maine.
  3. The coastline boasts so many deep harbors it is thought all the navies in the world could anchor in them.
  4. The State seal has a moose on it.
  5. Maine has around 5,500 miles of gorgeous coastlines and about 2000 islands.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks Jill. Christmas would be fun. Toni is considering coming too.

April said...

I guess if you get bits of blueberry stuck in your teeth while in Maine, you will be in good hands:) Thanks for sharing, Jill. I think they're going to have a great time in Maine.