Sunday, May 3, 2009

A New Niece




Linay Mary Ostler (I think that's how they are going to spell it) was born this morning so I have a new niece. I don't really remember all the details so you'll have to talk to Mary for those, but she's a cutie.
Emma and Ethan were a little disappointed not to have a brother, but once they saw the little girl, they loved her and said she was a keeper.
Mom was pretty proud that this was grandchild #21. Ainsley said of the new little bundle, "Her so cute."
By the way, Ainsley fractured her tibia so she has a cast on for a few weeks...poor little thing is tired of wearing a cast. She doesn't really have pain anymore, but she asks "when is the little girl going to get better?" and she is always telling Mary, "My leg is better. we can cut the cast off now. " Toni bought her some stickers to put on it. That made her feel a little better about it, but a half hour later we found Katie with her back plastered with stickers and Ainsley's cast clear of them. When asked where her stickers went, she said "I gave them to Katie."

4 comments:

Marcie said...

oh congrats to Mary! What a beautiful little baby! And wow I can't believe how big Emma, Ethan, and Ainsley all look! That is so funny about the stickers.

Scott said...

Wow, I remeber when Emma was just little little playing in the leaves with us. Where time goes is beyond me. I wish at times it would slow down a little bit. Congrats

April said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! Poor Ainsley-- no fun to be lugging around a bunch of plaster.

Ann said...

Thanks for keeping us posted, Jill. Definitely an Ostler. As for ME, I'll go where we can have a job. Now I'll just be in a beautiful spot when you come to visit. (I wish it wasn't so far away either.)