Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday



I haven't done ThankfulThursday in awhile and by the time I'm done posting it technically won't be Thursday anymore, but I don't want to go to my empty bed yet so I'm stalling, hoping Justin will call before he goes to bed (he's in Vegas visiting family).

1. I am thankful for Katelyn. What a little ray of sunshine.
2. I really like having a husband.
3. I really like having a husband who has three day weekends for the whole summer
4. I'm grateful to have another girl because I like sewing dresses and making hair bows, and other girly things.
5. I love my sewing machine.

To expound on the last one, I have developed quite a little passion for sewing. I love to make something and feel so proud of it. There's just something magical about taking a piece of fabric and turning it into something beautiful and useful. I also really like being frugal and using what I have. What a super good feeling it is to know that I saved money by cutting up an old shirt or pair of pants and making a pillow or clothes for Katelyn. I love it. I also really like being able to give things away that I made. Sometimes I get scared that my little projects might seem like "Aunt Eunice creations" to those that I give them to and they might be too nice to say "ew, what yucky taste," or "this looks homemade and tacky"......but mostly I like giving a part of myself in whatever I give as presents so I do it anyway.

4 comments:

The Dennett's said...

I love this post, and I love your sewing projects, AND..I love your thankful attitude :)

Ann said...

Cute dress. I wish you lived closer to me so you could sew me a dress. I also wish that when I sewed my things came out looking as nice. I haven't been able to progress past bean bags. You have quite a talent. And no one would be able to say it was an "Aunt Eunice" creation by any means.

The Brunson Family said...

That is one very pretty dress

Amber said...

That is a beautiful dress. And I love the skirt you made me. Granted, I have to lose some weight so it'll fit again, but I'm getting there. :) I miss you.