Sunday, April 11, 2010

Toddlerhood

Being the mother of a Toddler is so much fun. Most days are roller-coasters so life is never boring.

5 Things about Katie as a Toddler:
1. She is a daredevil. Justin's mom once put it this way "She's a Three ring circus in one little person." This week she put her rocking horse on her bed and tried to ride it..aka fell off and bumped her head and then proceeded to try, try again. This resulted in her rocking horse being confiscated for awhile.
2. She really likes to sing. She has a good little voice and can actually sing the melody to several songs. Her favorite songs to sing are Old MacDonald and the theme song from Elmo's world. She also really likes to make up songs...currently we are enjoying her original "Hi Jesus" and "Ahhhh, bubbles."
3. Big Helper. Katie is a doer. She will do a full load of laundry by herself. I set the laundry basket next to the washer, and she goes and gets her foot stool and puts the entire load in. Then I give her the detergent, she pours it in, and then she turns on the water and switches the water temperature. It's amazing. Other chores she loves to do include putting clothes in her drawer, setting the table, and putting the groceries away.
4. Obsessed with the potty/diaper changing. She loves to pretend that Elmo or her baby doll has a poopy diaper, and she likes to wipe them clean and put diapers on them.
5. So stinking cute and adorable. Her expanding vocab and growing sense of humor keep a smile on my lips and melt my heart. One of the greatest days of my life was when I heard her little voice say "I love you" for the first time.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Just too cute. I love that little girl. I wish we lived closer. There's nothing like having your own little darling.

Scott said...

Oh so cute! She's a miniJill! :) And it's completely obvious that she has the best parents in the world. :)

Anonymous said...

that is the cutest thing ever!! I love her wiping elmo all down, adorable!!

The Brunson Family said...

First of all I found your blog!!! Yay! Second this was too cute, she is so smart!!

Veronica said...

She sounds like a fun little toddler! I am excited for you second addition to your family! I am sure she will be beautiful just like Katie!