Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oh What A Joy

Justin and I were called as Primary teachers and taught today for the first time. Let me tell you it was so fun. We've never served together in a calling before, and it is great. We teach the 11 yr old girls in our ward. What a great bunch of girls. They had such great insight, and there are going to be some lucky boys out there when those girls grow up.
I haven't sat in a sharing time in a very long time, and I loved it today. How touching those "little" voices are when they are when they are belting out songs. Today they were singing "Praise to the Man," and I was soaking up every minute of it. In that one song they made me laugh and cry. What enthusiasm and energy. My experience today taught me a new meaning of "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."


Primary callings are the best kept secret in the church.

2 comments:

The Brunson Family said...

Wow Jill sometimes I think our minds are a little connected! I just got called to the primary too (4 yr olds) and I too was feeling so blessed to be in there as I heard our primary belting praise to the man too!! The spirit that you can feel from little children is just something different, I hope you are still enjoying your new place and warm weather!! Yes I am still in a sweatshirt today!!

Haylee Mecham said...

We just got released as primary teachers to 7 six year old girls! It was a gret experience! Glad you are having a great time!