Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rising to the Challenge

In January, our stake presidency asked us to read the Book of Mormon and the 4 Gospels by our stake conference which is this weekend. I finished in the nick of time, yesterday morning.

I am so glad that our stake presidency gave us this challenge. It really helped me become more diligent in my scripture study, and I learned so much this time around. I loved reading the Book of Mormon and the Gospels in such a short time because different patterns and lessons stood out to me. The repetition in the Gospels gave me new understandings I hadn't had before, I am deeply grateful for what I have learned.

Anyway, this challenge got me to thinking about how challenges help us grow, and when leaders ask us to do things, it's not for them. It's for us. It's all about our growth, and they ask us to grow because they love us. So thank you, Leaders, for giving me the opportunity to grow.

No comments: