Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Progress Report

I can't believe how much progress I have made since the beginning of the year. And most of it came from tweaking our routines to better fit our needs. It's amazing to me that just rearranging a few things in our schedule can make life SO MUCH EASIER. My house has been cleaner, I feel like have time to do things that I need to do and WANT to do, and I feel calmer.

And that's the goal. I want to be a calm mom. An intentional mom. A proactive mom. For too long, I have been frazzled and reactive.

But just setting up a better routine has changed a bunch of that.

That and I am participating in a 21 day Purge. I made a list of 21 areas (like cupboards, toy boxes, drawers, etc.) that need to be cleaned out. Each day, I tackle one area, and get rid of a bunch stuff, and then I organize what is left. It feels so good to purge.

So something I have learned thus far on my journey to CALM is:

A place for everything, and everything in its place.
A time for everything and everything it its time.


3 comments:

Scott said...

Love it! I like getting rid of things just about as I like getting them. :) Love you and miss you!

marcie said...

I really need to think about being more proactive instead of reactive. I feel like being intentional like you said would help me be less whiny in my head, and sometimes out loud lol. Thanks for sharing! When you said your word for the year was calm my first instinct was being more calm is just another thing on the list of things I have to do and try with sheer will power to improve on, but I love that you are changing things in your environment to be more calm. Great idea. Kids really do feed off our energy and pick up on more than we realize I think! Practicing for church and going over "how do we leave a friends house when it's time to go?" in advance helps me because I often have expectations of them that they don't know I have which leaves me feeling crazy. :) Love ya Jill, awesome post. You are by far the most insightful person I know!

Ben and Linda Lee said...

Hey Thanks for your comments on my blog. Miss You too! Your girls are getting so big. I still think of Katie everytime I read an Oliva book