Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome 2014

I love New Year because I love new beginnings. I love the chance to start fresh and new...but I must say I was sad to say goodbye to 2013. It was a happy year for us. Quiet, uneventful, and relatively healthy. And I'm kind of scared to move on because 2013 was so good, maybe 2014 won't?

Not to be pessimistic...I am hoping and planning on 2014 to be the best year yet.
Don't mountains inspire you?



 Mountains fill my spirit in so many ways.


There is pretty much nothing that can't be cured by a good walk in the mountains



 Doesn't this make you long to be there? I see this picture and automatically try to breathe in the mountain air. These pictures are from our trip to Yosemite National Park. It was love at first sight. So grateful we took the time to go there. It filled me up to the brim with mountain goodness.



More Inspiration. Isn't it beautiful? 

I know a lot of people out in the blogosphere pick one word each year to focus on and that is definitely my cup of tea. Last year I picked the word "EDIFY" I tried to limit the kinds of media that came into our home to only things that edify...not just make you feel good or entertain you, but instruct, lift, and change you. I also tried to edify. I tried to not complain too much or criticize too much. I certainly changed over the year and I am ready to head into 2014 with a new word. It took me along time to come up with my word this year. But I have finally decided on the word "CALM". Often my days are NOT calm. I feel frantic trying to keep up with housework and kids. But I want balance, discipline, order, routine, structure, and peace. 

I have made lots of lists and plans in preparation for my pursuit of "CALM," and I am excited to get working on it. I know that things can't be calm all the time, but I can aim for it always. wish me luck.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Thank you for the pictures of mountains. I feel the same way about them. Dan and I were just saying the other day, "Can we really stay in Maine and not have our kids grow up in the mountains?". I will have to go in pursuit of some this summer.

Good luck on your quest to be calm.