Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for:
  • Blogging: It's opened up a whole new world of staying in touch and being involved in others' lives especially family and old roommates. I love seeing everyone's families growing and their adventures.
  • Halloween decorations: As yesterday was the first day of October, I decorated our house for Halloween. I don't have tons of decorations, but I have enough to make our apartment look festive, and that's enough for me.
  • Prophets: I've been listening to NPR for the last several days and have been depressed by all the talk of the house market failing and the big bailout. I'm so glad that we have prophets who have counseled us to stay out of debt, get our food storage in place, and live within our means. Not that we have very much food storage or are completetly on our own financially, but we are not in lots of debt, we're able to pay our bills, we have food storage to last us a little while, and we're doing our best to live within our means and plan for the future.
  • General Conference: I'm so excited for this weekend. I love listening to the Prophet and other general authorities. What a blessing it is to have them as guides right now. I loved the RS broadcast. I watch a talk from it over again each morning as I eat my breakfast. I love this time of spiritual feasting.
  • Lastly, I am grateful for Fall. I'm sad summer is on its way out, but yesterday I had my first leaf crunching walk of the season, and it was so fun and fitting for the first day of October. I love the sound of crunching leaves under my feet, and I love the bright colors. I just hope the fall lasts awhile and doesn't turn to snow too quickly.

2 comments:

April said...

Another trip to CA? Yeah! I have to wait until 2010?? At least we'll have the reunion next summer so we can meet our new little niece. I've got my house decorated for Halloween too. Maryn was such a big help--although she couldn't figure out why she couldn't include a few Easter decorations to sit beside all the jack-o-lanterns. A little advice--quit listening to NPR--just joking. They're quite a bit left of center, but maybe the local portion is more moderate since you're in Idaho. I echo your sentiments--thank heavens for modern day revelation.

Anjuli White said...

Hey Justin! It Anjuli (Wright) White. How are ya? I saw your blog from Emily's - Congrats on getting married and now your going to be a daddy! How exciting! You will be a great dad. Stop by my blog cooperandanjuliwhite.blogspot.com - Talk to you soon! - Anjuli